Friday, March 23, 2007

Slacker Friday


This is Winston chasing Mario. I wanted this at the end of the entry, but I can't figure out how to do that. Damn Blogger templates.

Today I woke up at 7:30 with a headache and feeling like I hadn't slept at all, so I did something (rather uncharacteristic) and turned off my alarm, and went back to sleep. Missed two classes today, but I haven't skipped a single class all semester, so I figured I deserve a rest-day. Not that it's that much of a rest, since I still have to go to work, albeit only for 5 1/2 hours. Hooray.
Speaking of work, my night shift job is over a week from today. While I didn't mind the night shift nearly as much as everyone else seemed to, I'm glad it's going to be over soon. I was mostly just sick of never having an evening off during the week. I missed many a wing-nite because of it. I start a much less stressful but more mindless job the following Monday. I get paid the same though, except I don't get the $2 an hour shift premium for working nights anymore. Oh well, I can live without that.

One more work-related story and then I promise I'm done.
Yesterday, I was chatting with two ladies who are friends of my mom (who also works there, but during the day) about weight issues, and one of them makes a comment about how I am tiny, but I have "very large breasts". The other lady agrees. What shocked me more than the comment was how nonchalent they both were about discussing it, while I was standing there, wide-eyed and stammering. Keep in mind that I barely know these women. Is this a middle-aged lady thing? To make very personal comments and not seem to notice how uncomfortable you make people?
Oh, and the best part was that the second lady (not the one who made the original comment) suggested that I get a breast reduction.
What?!
Up until now I have been perfectly happy with my body, at least in that department, but now as much as I try to ignore it, I can't help but feel like she might be right.

Tomorrow is my sister's 18th birthday, and in her usual style, she wants to spend it with her friends and not her family, but she makes an exception for me (probably because I don't live there anymore, and I'm not an authority figure). So after I go to the Price Club (was it ever even called that, or did I just imagine it? I know it's Costco now, but it will always be the Price Club to me) with mom to find some new frames and contacts, I am meeting her and her friend and boyfriend for lunch at Sun Sushi. I'm glad we are getting to be old enough so that isn't too weird. Mostly I just want an excuse to go to Sun Sushi. Don't tell her that, though. Hi Stef!

Well, I am off to work in half an hour. I never thought I'd get used to using 42-year-old software, but there you go. I did.

1 comment:

Raymi Lauren said...

i love that nintendo cat!